The Tax Associate is responsible for assisting in the preparation of corporate, partnership and individual tax returns, keeping clients or employers in compliance with Internal Revenue Service regulations. This position seeks to keep clients’ tax liability to a minimum through the use of appropriate adjustments and deductions.
- Prepare a variety of complex individual and business income tax returns, including S-Corps, C-Corps, partnerships, trusts & estates and other entities
- Prepare foreign compliance filings, multi-state, consolidated returns, etc.
- Assist clients with tax planning, projections, and other client deliverables
- Perform federal and state tax research to respond to tax inquiries and special projects to assure compliance with federal and state tax laws and regulations
- Provide timely, high quality services that exceed client expectations
- Desire to become an active participant in practice development
- Special projects as assigned
- Strong teamwork, communication, and analytical skills
- Ability to travel to client locations as required
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Relevant work experience through internships or summer jobs is a plus
- Must be working toward the successful completion of the CPA exam
- An employee-empowered firm where you can help drive decisions
- Flex time and work from home opportunities
- Paid time off to study for the CPA exam
- Tuition reimbursement for advanced degrees
- Casual office attire, fun outings, and team-building activities
tonneson + co was named as one of Accounting Today’s Best Accounting Firms to Work for in 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2016.